Travel & Stay
Journey to Adrasil
Weekend Warrior 2018 will be held in beautiful Trenton, South Carolina. The terrain will be more rugged this year to reflect the expedition story line.
The area will open at 12pm on Thursday the 18th and the Event will conclude at 3pm on Saturday the 20th. Camping on-site is available through Sunday the 21st for an additional $3 fee paid to the site owner at the event.
You can expect temperatures to range from mid 70°F during the day down to a comfortably chilly 50°F at night.
Flights to South Carolina
Below are your local choices for air travel. Please check in advance for the availability of rental cars at your location. Limited shuttle services can be requested as well from the Weekend Warrior Staff.
Augusta Regional Airport (30 mi SW)
Columbia Metropolitan Airport (55 mi NE)
GSP International Airport (100 mi N)
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (140 mi NE)
Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (180 mi W)
On Site Accommodations
The event accommodations are camp ground style. Space for setting up period tents "in game" as well as period and non-period tents "out of game" will be available on site. TENTS ARE NOT PROVIDED and all players are responsible for their own camping arrangements. Non-period tents are available for rent for your convenience.
Period "In Game" Camping
- Period camping will take place in the roleplaying area. Because of that, we ask that players not bring modern tents, chairs, lanterns, etc. into this area to keep it as immersive as possible.
- Anything modern that is a necessity, such as toiletries/hygiene, phone chargers, sleeping bags, etc., should be kept inside your period appropriate tent with the door/flap closed or in a bag out of site.
Non-Period - "Out of Game" Camping
- There will be an "out of play" camping area for all modern tents and campers.
- You may use any modern camping equipment to give yourself comfort for the weekend. We ask that all modern gear stay on the "out of play" area except when going to and from the showers.
- Modern tent rentals are available in our store. These tents are small, easy, and fast to set up. They fit a person and their gear easily. If players are using a cot or plan to sleep 2 people in the tent, we recommend that players rent 2 separate tents to accommodate their gear.
What to Pack for Your Adventure
All items on this list are highly recommended for your comfort and safety. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. For maximum immersion, all modern items must stay inside tents or in out-of-play areas at all times from sun-up to sun-down with the exception of moving back and forth to the showers/restrooms.
Kit Pieces (Please remember the event ticket only includes 1 tunic and no weapons! Rent/Purchase Gear)
Personal Tent (Rentals Available)
Cot and/or air mattress
Clothes to sleep in
Undergarments (we recommend 2 sets/day)
Boot socks (at least 1 pair/day)
Band Aids (to prevent blisters)
Deodorant (please, for heaven's sake wear and reapply frequently, everyone will thank you.)
Work/hiking/combat boots to wear in case of extended wet weather and/or blisters. Should be brown or black
Personal hygiene items such as shampoo, soap and toothbrush
Any medicines required
A tarp for floor of tent to protect from moisture or as rain-fly
If you wear glasses, safety glasses/helmet for your protection, contacts with appropriate solution and cases.
Wet wipes for rapid personal hygiene.
If you partake, this will be a BYOB event. All alcohol consumed in the "play area" must be in period appropriate containers. (mugs will be provided)
Other useful items:
Money to purchase from onsite vendors
Personal period garb/Larp-style weapons (must be approved, to approve ahead of time, email email@example.com with photographs)
“Period” camp items. Things such as coffee pots, period camp chairs, banners, etc...
Things to not bring on-site: